EWiEN was initiated by five Ethiopian women professionals in the energy sector in January 2019. They shared a strong interest in the energy transformation in Ethiopia and the role of women in the energy sector. They had a chance to find that they had much more in common and decided to start the first association promoting the role of women in the energy work space.
- To promote participation of women and girls in the energy sector in Ethiopia
- To expand the pool of women energy professionals
- To create partnership and expose young women to the sector through internship and mentorship
- Facilitating platforms where members interact with each other, present their works & talents and meet different stakeholders.
- To engage in community-based energy projects that helps women in the rural community to access clean energy